About D.L. Corran Tree Surgeons
With over 40 years experience in all aspects of tree surgery, D.L. Corran Tree Surgeons’ team of experts will provide you with a professional and specialist service.
We are a family run business based in Abergavenny, South Wales. We cover a wide range of areas, including:
Monmouthshire, Herefordshire, West Gloucestershire, The Forest of Dean, Powys, The Brecon Beacons, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan, Neath and Port Talbot and Swansea
We currently work for a number of County Councils and public bodies including, Newport City Council, Cadw, Environment Agency, Powys (Brecon and Crickhowell) County Council, Powys Highways, Gwent County, Glanusk Estate, Llanover Estate, just to name a few!
Health & Safety, and other Qualifications:
We have recently undergone a comprehensive verification by the Arboricultural Association (ARB) and have become an approved member along with CHAS qualification for safety requirements.
Tree work has a relatively high risk accident potential.
D.L. Corran Treesurgeons have an excellent health and safety record. This record has been achieved through constant attention to detail, ensuring that all staff are trained and qualified to the industry standards, and continually monitoring and improving, as and when necessary, all work procedures. We are approved contractors with the Arboricultural Association.
Risk Assessment is obligatory and is always carried out prior to starting work.
Some of the qualifications staff hold are as follows:
- NPTC Units CS30 Maintain and Operate and Chainsaw maintenance
- CS31 Fell and Process Small Trees
- CS38 Climb a Tree Conduct Aerial Rescue
- CS39 Use of a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness
- CS32 Felling Medium Trees
- CS40 Carry out Pruning Operations
- CS41 Carry out Dismantling Operations
- Forestry First Aid at Work Certificates of competence:
- Chipper operations
- Signing Lighting and Guarding, Chapter 8
- Training for Bats and protected species in arboriculture
- Brush Cutter Operations
- Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Equipment
- Safe Use of Pesticides
- IRATA Level 1 rope access technicians
- IPAF – Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- All permanent members of staff hold a Proffessional Tree Inspection Certificate
D.L. Corran Tree Surgeons as a company comply with the following legislation:
- All AFAG/ FISA Safety Guidelines · Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 · Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- LOLER: Regulations
- PUWER 98: Regulations
- RIDDOR: Reporting
We are comprehensively insured with Public Liability Insurance up to £5 million, as well as Employee Liability Insurance.